Follow @marvelousreads

woensdag 30 september 2015

Top 7 Young Adult Series/Trilogies

 Hello guys, today we decided to do something different. Our top 7 young adult series/trilogies! The list is composed of both Sara [▲] and I (An []), so our favorites have been mixed together and put on this list. Hope you enjoy!
Question of the Blogpost: 'What is your favorite series/trilogy?'



7. The Testing trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau
▲ I was looking for a great YA dystopian novel, and after a long time, I found The Testing. The Testing is a really amazing trilogy and I read it when it came out. I had to wait so long for the other two books, but it was worth my time. I was completely in love with the trilogy and Cia (the main character) has become one of my favorite YA female characters. I recommend the Testing to everyone who loves a dystopian novel and is a fan of The Hunger Games or Divergent. 
To read the full review, Click here



6. The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
▲ It's been a while since I've read this trilogy so maybe I should reread it when I have time for it. I loved the first two books so much, especially Divergent. I remember that this book was my Christmas present.
The characters in this book were so incredible, I love them with all my heart. Like is said before, I loved the first two books, but I was a little bit disappointed of the last one, Allegiant. I liked it but I didn't love it. I think it's because I expected more of it. Besides that I recommend this trilogy to everyone who is, just like me, crazy about YA dystopia. 





5. Benedict series by Joss Stirling
I love this series! I stumbled upon this when I was at the library looking for something to read for school. When I first started reading it, I did not know it was part of a series and it was in fact the third book. After reading Seeking Crystal, I was in desperate need of more so I went to the inter webs and found out that there were two more installments that take place before SC. Being the person I am, I could not wait another day to go to the store/order it, hence why I bought the e-books. I read Finding Sky and Stealing Phoenix in 2 days. I even stayed up until 4 AM once because I wanted to know what happened next! The plot intrigued me immensely! And as a person who’s a sucker for sappy romances, soulmates are definitely my type of guilty pleasures.
I have yet to read Misty Falls and the newest book that is coming out soon (I think).
This series has brought back my love for books that I lost the year before. Honestly, I love it so much and I was so obsessed with everything and everyone. Zed, Yves, Xavier, Sky, Phoenix and Crystal are very dear to my heart. They take up a special place and hopefully I'll read Misty Falls soon so that I can fangirl about those characters too.



4. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games trilogy ahh. The emotions are coming back. I remember crying, laughing and every emotion in between. I first read the Hunger Games in 2012, during the festive time of the year. I remember crying because of Rue's dead *sheds tear*. Anyways, everyone has probably already read this series. HECK, maybe you've even reread it a couple times so you all can share my love for this series (or not). And if you haven't read them, HOW?! I really recommend you to read them.
I adore the first two books, the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but I didn't love Mockingjay as much. I love the empowering Katniss Everdeen, as I love all the other characters.
Yes, I love everything about this series and yes, you should too.




3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
▲ How could the Mortal Instruments by the great Cassandra Clare not be on our list? I was really obsessed with these books. When I read the first one, I went to the store for the second one and then the third and so on. I went to the book store every 2 days until I was done reading the series. Unfortunately I had to wait for the last book like a year or maybe more, but when I went to the store to buy  the last one with one of my friends, who was also obsessed with The Mortal Instruments, we were freaking out. Like: OH MY GOD FINALLY! My friend even screamed.
If you haven't read this series yet, you should go to the book store and buy the 6 fantastic books. This is an order
:p.




2. Touching Juliette trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
I have just recently read this trilogy and I absolutely love it! After reading contemporary after contemporary I decided it was time for a dystopian novel. Sara actually recommended it to me and I was hesitant at first but damn! It is SO good. If you didn't like the first book, read the second! I assure you that it'll get better. I read them fairly quickly because it was one of those books that you just couldn't put down (in my opinion). Especially the last one *faints*.
The writing style was a bit strange at first and I had to get used to it. Some people might not like the writing style at all, but luckily I got to appreciate it.
Also, I was not expecting the plot at all! I thought that it might be about Juliette who is trying to find a cure or something, but it was definitely not.
I got easily attached to the characters, but mostly Juliette, Kenji and Warner.  



AND FINALLY. 

DRUM ROLL. 


1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

Three words. Best series ever. I grew up with this series and I'm sure many of you did too. Anyone who's read this can confirm that The Harry Potter series are one of the greatest, if not the best, series of all time. The way J. K. Rowling brought us to a whole new world of wizards and magic is just amazing. She allowed us to escape of planet earth and reside in Hogwarts for the time being. My favorite 2 books of the series are 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' and 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. If you have not yet read this series or even watched the films) then what are you doing?! Go pick up the books at your local libraries, read them and love them just like millions of others in this world we live in, and then we can discuss them. Harry, Hermione and Ron will always have a special place in my heart. Especially as a Gryffindor.  

2 opmerkingen: