Follow @marvelousreads

zondag 5 juli 2015

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
Published by Penguin Young Readers Group on September 16th 2014
Genres: Contemporary, YA Romance
Pages: 384


I'll give you the sun is a contemporary novel written by Jandy Nelson. The story is about twins, Noah and Jude, who are both very into art. Noah tells the story from when they were 13 and Jude continues from when they are 16. Noah is a boy and Jude is a girl. Something happens to them which causes them not to talk or at least minimal to each other anymore.
I have to say that the chapters are really long.


Characters: Both of these characters were quick to steal my heart. They were so beautiful in their own way. For example, Noah being so passionate about art. You felt this immediate connection to them and just loved them. Well in my case I loved Jude in her POV and I loved Noah in his POV. They dealt with heartbreak over and over again and they changed so much during the course of the book. The character development was at first hard to comprehend but later...just extraordinarily beautiful. Jude : Her carefree personality in the beginning was so fun to read. Even though she did some things that she'd regret in the future she was still this headstrong person with determination. When the POV changed to hers and she was 16, we learnt that everyone changes...if you want it or not. Sometimes it's a good change and other times not so good. But you will always get back up on your feet! Noah: Noah is this person that you might not notice immediately. Slowly but surely he got to my heart and it shrunk when I read what he was doing at age 16. He was so passionate and suddenly all got taken away from him. And when we all finally thought that his life was somewhat going right, that event happened and broke my heart into these tiny pieces that were puzzled back together in the end.

Plot: I actually didn't really know what to expect of this book, well sure it has gotten great reviews and all that but the summary didn't really do its work because it misses one big subject that is actually centered in this story. ART. A R T. How can you not include this in your summary when everything involved ART? Of course we knew immediately form the beginning that they were both into art but please. Art is/was their life. There was so much rave about this book back in September 2014 and quite honestly it's fair that it got so much rave because man. I LOVED this story SO much. Everything was just beautiful. I know that not everyone will like this, but give it a try and we'll see. There are (a lot) some metaphors in this book. 

“People die, I think, but your relationship with them doesn't. It continues and it's ever-changing.”


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten