Follow @marvelousreads

zondag 9 augustus 2015

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Published by HarperCollins on February  7th 2012 (first published January 1st 2011)
Genres: Ya science fiction
Pages: 441
Goodreads


I was looking for a fun read. So I checked goodreads and found this. It looked like a lovely trilogy and I ordered the three books so I had to read all the books. I found this a waste of money, because I did not like this serie at all. I'm so sorry for the people who love this trilogy and I do understand why they love it... but it just wasn't for me.

Delirium: Delirium is a Ya science-fiction novel written by Lauren Oliver. It's about Lena Holoway who lives in a world were love is a disease called 'Deliria'. Within ninety-five days she will be safe and get a life without love and pain because the government demands that all the citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, the unthinkable happens: Lena met a boy and falls in love.

Characters: I had a problem with Lena. She really bothered me sometimes and I do not know why. But at the same time I felt a connection with her. I think that's because she's the narrator and Lauren described her feelings/ thoughts really well. Alex (the boy Lena falls in love with) also had a great personality and I felt a connection with him. But only with those two characters, not with the others like Hanna (Lena's best friend) or Lena's aunt. In the beginning I did not like Hanna, but she changed during the books and in the last book I understood her and I began to like her.

I found the first book not so good, but not bad either.
After I finished the first one I was excited for the second one because I wanted to know what happend with Lena and Alex. So I started reading Pandemonium and damn, I just did not like it. I mean come on! I almost was going to spoil, but I don't want to do that. So let's go further with the third book: Requiem. Requiem was such a disappointing book. It was really predictable and I found it dull, but I did have the courage to read further. I'm glad I finished this trilogy and okay, I was also happy with the ending, but I think Lauren should have written an epilogue.
"You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten